Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Mint & Gold Wedding - 12 West Main

During my NC road trip this past weekend, I went to a wedding for one of my Sigma Kappa Sorority sisters in Thomasville, NC (only 20 mins from High Point aka Furniture Capitol of the World).  It was great getting to see my beautiful friend get married, visit with one of my other sorority sisters, and talk college with some fellow ASU alum.  Her wedding was in historic downtown Thomasville at 12 West Main, which is a beautiful building for both ceremonies and receptions.  The food was pretty good and the space was super cute (no battling icky red carpet or ugly seating)!  Everyone who worked there was also really friendly.  Here's the pictures I took of the wedding.  I love the use of mint and gold!

Simple (but yummy red velvet!) cake is dressed up with pretty lettering.

Fun toasting glasses.

Super cute cake topper!

Baby's breath is a fun and inexpensive touch!  Printed signage looks more refined and easy to read than handwritten signs.

The ceremony was held above the reception hall behind that railing.


Beautiful wedding tablescape with simple flowers and classic touches.  Love the lace runner and the apothecary bottles!



Clever use of paint swatch cards to make a seating chart because all the colors "go."

Using artificial flowers to dress up the buffet table is a great choice!  No need to spend money on the real deal when your uncle, brother, cousin, etc. will probably wind up flinging mashed potatoes on them anyways.


LOVE this hardwood dance floor and design!

Cheerful chinese lanterns look pretty and festive.  Using white makes them a classic choice!

Homemade Buttermints for Favors
One Heart One Way
Sigma Kappa
(my dress: j.crew // purse: kate spade)

The wedding was beautiful and I'm so happy for my friend!  The best part of the wedding had to be when the bride reached the altar and in the brief pause between the music ending and the preacher beginning, the groom looked at his future wife and let out a big "heeeeeeeeeeeey"  (as in "hey girl, hey...you lookin' fine" type of tone).  My friend blushed and had everyone laughing...which is a great way to start a wedding!  If you are looking for an event venue in the Greensboro/High Point area, check out 12 West Main!  I had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!