Thursday, February 6, 2014

Valentines Lingerie

I am not crazy about Valentines Day so it took a while to come up with a holiday themed article. Melinda suggested I pick out my favorite lingerie currently on the market as she vetoed my idea of Shoes Perfect for Your Valentines Day. She is a wise cousin and knows me well. We like to keep Posh Purpose tasteful, so the following selections are of the pretty and glamorous variety.



For those of y'all whose nightie style errs on the side of sweet, consider this Oscar de la Renta chemise at $69. It is quite lovely and the bow detail adds a sweet dimension. If you are not looking to pay silk prices, this is a very pretty option despite being made of polyester.



Here is a beautiful option with a higher percentage of natural fibers. This Stella McCartney nightgown is a silk blend which means it will have a bit of stretch but still feel very silky. The price is $300.



If you prefer bralette and matching knickers, this set from BHLD is beautiful. The bralette is $79 and the bottoms are $64. Both are made of a silk blend. The colors are more suited to bridal rather than Valentines, but I've heard of people needing breaks from pretty pinks. I don't claim to understand it, but I am here for you with shopping suggestions anyway.


And now for a cotton option. This beautiful cotton robe is from Plum Pretty Sugar and I desperately want it. It is $70 and has a matching nightgown. The ankle length nightgown is $52 and the knee length is $44. Pretty Plum Sugar has a ton of lovely patterns that you could mix and match, as well.

And if you are looking for something a bit more risqué and have $564 to spend on a piece of lingerie, click through the link to see a La Perla chemise. As I said at the beginning of the article, we like to keep Posh Purpose on the tasteful side of things so I won't post the image here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!