Friday, June 1, 2012

Review: Bed, Bath, and Beyond

Poor customer service is one of my greatest pet peeves.  When I get unhelpful cranky people telling me they can't help me it drives me nuts and makes me think "clearly the economy isn't that bad if people can afford to lose customers."  Poor customer service is also demoralizing...I can't tell you how many people I've seen accept bad service because it seems too troublesome to bring to someones attention.

That stated, I try to always tell people when I have a great customer service experience because I feel like it helps boost morale!  One of my dear sweet mama's, dear sweet friends ordered me three casserole dishes as a shower present from Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  She had them shipped to my house so I didn't have to cart them back from my house in NC aaaalllll the way to DC.  I just received the shipment yesterday and based on the box's condition and the rattling I heard when I lifted the box, I knew something was up.  One of the casserole dishes was completely broken due to sub par bubble wrapping.

2012-05-31_18-14-14_779.jpg
See how that beautiful and functional bubble wrap lies to the side?
Like I said, sub par.
I immediately called BBB to report the damage (they have 24 hour service!) and after a quick conversation with a very sweet lady named Marilyn, BBB is replacing the broken dish and shipping me a new one free of charge.  Marilyn asked me for my registry number to confirm that the item was purchased/shipped from my registry and then asked me to email me a picture of the damaged piece in the box (she was very concerned about me cutting myself on the broken stoneware and told me to throw the broken one away immediately after sending the photo...ah, the joys of liability concerns).  After emailing her the picture, she responded within 2 hours telling me that she had what she needed and BBB would process my shipment.  Although I feel like BBB did their due diligence in making sure I wasn't a fraudster, I never felt like BBB was hassling me or providing me with poor customer service.  I highly recommend using them for your bridal registry.  I like knowing I can get my broken dishes quickly resolved at all hours of the day..plus, they always have a coupon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!