Tuesday, December 3, 2013

What to Wear: Christmas Cocktail Party in Florida

Yesterday, Melinda and I had a great time sharing our outfit and style ideas for Christmas corporate/business parties. The theme of today's What to Wear is "Cocktail Party!"



As you can see, I got a little carried away with shoe options. Shoes are my thing. But first, that dress. I need that dress. It is an Alexia Admore dress that is exciting with a touch of sophistication. You can wear it to more than just cocktail parties. I know winter weddings are more of a Florida thing (hello, December 1 anniversary!), but this dress would be perfect for both fall and winter weddings. I love pairing it with these House of Harlow earrings because they add a bit of sparkle and color without distracting from the main event. Those studs are pretty large, too - almost one inch diameter.

Now for the shoes. I love booties because they make me feel wintery without looking totally ridiculous in Florida (full on boots only look not silly when it's actually cold, meaning 7 days a year). I have been in love with the Tom Ford booties for a very very long time. If only I had over $1000 to spend on them. For the more affordable option, I suggest Steve Madden booties. They have a good shape and an awesomely high heel, and most people could give up the gold zipper embellishment for the more reasonable price tag of $160.

By the way, I love black shoes. Probably a third of my shoes are black heels. This dress is just begging for black shoes with great structure. The Tom Ford lock pumps and the Valentino pumps definitely make a statement that is not too loud to distract from the dress. Remember when I said if only I had over $1000 for shoe? Let's make that $3000. Until my magic shoe fairy godmother comes through, I will probably settle for the Joan & David pumps. The tuxedo pump is one of my favorites, and this one is gorgeous. I love the gold heel and the patent leather. The shape is still extremely feminine and will flatter feet while complimenting that awesome dress. Love it.

Did you enjoy this post? You can read the full What to Wear series, or check out the links below for similar posts.

Florida business party attire
Corporate Christmas party attire

5 comments:

  1. In love with those Valentino shoes!!
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tom fords on the right are amazing!!

    Brigita,
    http://lostinpattern.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been obsessing over them for quite some time now!

      Delete
  3. Hello,

    This blog is really out standing for me because of your designed. It's appearing simple and stylish. We have also different color of stylish Custom Designed T-shirts, if you want or know about them then, please visit our website for getting the details.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers!