Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ugly Stamps

When I decided to use postcards for Save the Dates, it was the hope of them being a cute, easy, and inexpensive way to get the word out to mark everyone's calendars.  Part of the idea was that I would save postage by mailing postcards which are 32 cents versus 45 cents to send a regular card.  What I didn't count on was the fact that postcard stamps are ugly.
USPS
This is the only option that the Post Office carries.  I'm not sure why the Post Office chose to put tacky Hawaiian shirts on its postal stamps, but I know that they do not scream wedding....they scream roasted pig on a spit.  You can use a third party website for such as Zazzle for custom stamps, but that will significantly increase the cost of your stamps to about 85 cents a piece and pretty much wipe out any savings you had by opting for postcards in the first place.

If you are EXTREMELY bothered by using this stamp on a post card, I would say to put a regular 45 cent stamp (they have pretty roses and other wedding related themes to choose from) because it's still not as expensive as the custom design. 

To be honest, I'd rather save those few extra cents to put towards something else.  Although I didn't like the look of them, my mama graciously and helpfully addressed, stamped, and mailed all the post cards and I didn't have to even look at the stamps.  It helped to have her take care of it so I didn't cave in during a wedding mini meltdown and make a rush order for the custom stamps.  Thanks mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!