Thursday, November 13, 2014

Outer Banks Thrift Store Finds

This past weekend, my friend Amy and I hit up the thrift stores and antique stores in Nags Head.  Overall, I found the thrift stores to be a bit lacking.  I saw a lot of plastic and a lot of things in really bad repair.  HOWEVER, I would highly recommend hitting up Class and Trash if you are in Kill Devil Hills  (there is a sister store in Richmond that I would also love to check out!.  The prices are a bit higher (more on par with a consignment store), but the selection was excellent!  Most of the photos below are from Class and Trash.  First up, this fantastic lamp!  Now y'all know I can standing spending a ton of money on lamps, but the crystals on this item make it worth the price...think of it as a tabletop chandelier.

Beautiful Lamp - $225 or $275 (I can't remember!)

I love love love this coffee table.  You would need a moody sort of room to pull it off with lots of floor space as the coffee table is quite large.  Think Restoration Hardware moody:

Beautiful & Unique Coffee Table - $145



Here's a wider view of the store as a whole.  I love how organized the space is.  These beds caught my eye right away.  Wouldn't they be perfect for a little girls room?  Also, that ottoman could work in a lot of homes and it was in great condition!  I thought the prices were also very fair considering you could easily pay $300 for just one twin bed frame and most ottomans cost hundreds of dollars.

Ottoman - $165 and Pair of Twin Beds - $225

The cane backed chairs have a wonderful shape despite their unfortunate color choice (I feel like they were going for a Ronald McDonald throne room look).  Although only four are pictured, the total price was for six chairs!  Cane backed chairs are definitely not cheap when bought brand new and these were in excellent condition with no damage to the caning.

6 Chairs Total - $120

This chair was freshly upholstered and would be super sweet in a nursery!  I'm not a huge fan of the ric rac along the bottom, but the piping and button covers more than make up for the ric rac (which could probably be removed).

Cute Chair! $185

Class and Trash also had bins of well organized iron hooks, door knockers, and bottle openers.  It can be really difficult to find matching items at a thrift store, so it was great to see such large quantities at fairly reasonable prices.

Mermaid hooks - $8

Assorted hooks and door knockers - all $20 or less

Love these two chairs!  They were so comfortable!  The chairs were solidly built and besides the minor damage to the fabric on the chair on the left, they were in excellent condition.  I would love to see these recovered in a deep blue or green velvet.

$180 for the pair

While shopping, Briana sent me a text message with picture saying she had found a fireplace screen at the flea market in Florida for $45.  I literally turned the corner at the antique store I was shopping in and I found the exact same one for $75!  I'd say she got a great deal!

Fireplace Screen - $75
Creepy Baby Dolls and Odd Door Knocker - Price Unknown, but they should be free...or put out of their misery.
Which find is your favorite?  Anyone ever been to Class and Trash or explored any of the other stores in the Outer Banks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!