Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Mascara Diaries: Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes

Time for another entry to our mascara diaries. I have been using Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes mascara for about three weeks now and the results are mixed. Overall I'm not crazy about the mascara but I found a way to make it acceptable enough that I don't need to buy a new mascara for the time being.


My main complaint is the brush. I took a picture of the cat eyes brush (at the top) and the brush from my favorite Maybelline mascara Colossal Volum to show the difference. The cat eyes brush is far too skinny and the tube isn't designed to take enough excess mascara off as you remove the wand. You can probably see the difference between the two brushes and their product to bristle volume ration. This meant my lashes stuck together rather than fanning out into full and separate strands. It would be better to go without - a serious statement coming from a mascara addict. 

Since the consistency of the mascara is alright, I tried swapping the wands. I now use the brush from my favorite Maybelline mascara (pictured above) in the cat eyes mascara and left the scrawny cat eyes brush in the old tube of mascara. The regular Colossal Volum mascara has a much better formula when it comes to adding volume and length but the cat eyes option isn't so bad that I need to run out and buy a different mascara immediately. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!