Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Thrift Store Finds

I can't wait until next time I visit Melinda so I can see those chairs in person! She learned a valuable lesson of buying what you love, even if you don't exactly need it at that moment. I learned that very same lesson last year when I missed an opportunity to have vintage green demitasse cups (there were four of them!!!!) so now I am much less hesitant to buy.


This lamp caught my eye from across the room but when I got up to it, the sparkly things were disappointingly plastic. Oh well. For $4, it would be cute in a little girl's room and you wouldn't have to worry about it breaking.


This funky lamp was $8 and definitely needs some frosted bulbs with a cool shape. The wooden base has serious scratches but I suppose you could stain/paint it. Or leave it as is and embrace the slightly used vibe.


This dresser makes a statement. What statement exactly, I am not sure. Price tag said $60 but you can always ask for less. Then put it in that girl's room with the plastic lamp from earlier.


I almost bought these pieces. I can't remember if they were $15, $25, or $35 each. Probably one of the higher numbers because I ultimately decided I had better things to do with my money.


This chair and table set is fun, but the chairs grab your attention. The whole set was priced at $95 and Habitat is sometimes reluctant to separate the chairs from the matching table. The metal needs new paint and the seats look like they had been recovered at least once before, and not well I might add. But recovering chairs is an easy fix!

Want to see more thrift store finds? We have a whole category just for that! We would love to see your finds, so feel free to share in the comments section. Or holler at us on twitter or instagram and hashtag it #ThriftStoreFinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!