Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Bridesmaid Dresses

Melinda and I have been (mostly) enjoying the wedding planning, but we each have some topics that frustrate us. For a few months now, I have had difficulties with bridesmaid dresses. Maybe I am being too picky, but I just can't seem to find the right one. I don't want anything too expensive, but I prefer natural fibers. I've noticed that a lot of dresses are both synthetic and expensive - ick! I also don't want anything too "bridesmaid-y"and of course I want a dress that is flattering on all the girls, or at least not unfortunate. I'm also looking for a specific family of colors. I am avoiding more intense colors on the girls since I don't want a Great Wall of Color.

Pretty much everything is wrong. Melinda has found a few great ones that I am very excited about, so I'm hoping to manage that as well. If you are looking for bridesmaid dresses, the Jim Hjelm group has a ton of beautiful options in all sorts of styles and fabrics. The website is easy to use, with the downside of not being able to search by color. Their fabric swatches have all been beautiful, but you have to contact an authorized retailer to find out info such as pricing and other specifics. The price ranges are approximately $175-$350. Generally, the bridal shop where you purchased your dress will give you a discount on bridesmaid dresses. Melinda is receiving 20% off! My shop is only giving me 10%, but I am planning on speaking with them about it and hopefully will receive a better discount.

Good luck today, on your wedding endeavors or otherwise! Tomorrow is Thursday, which means the weekend is close!

Can I have this dress just for myself?
Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!