Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Posh Purpose Review: Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturizer

I've been in the market for a new daily moisturizer for a few months.  I needed a product that gave me the same effects but cost less than my regular application of Dr. Dennis Gross Age Erase Moisture with Mega 10 Plus.  After consulting Paula's Choice, which is my go-to guide for beauty product information, I settled on Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturizer.  This product had an overall rating of "good" and an average price tag of $13.99 for 3 oz, but  I think I paid more like $15 or $17 at the grocery store.  I liked the idea of trying out a "natural" product and even with paying the grocery store markup, it was an affordable choice.

Image Source: Neutrogena
Unfortunately, I wound up hating it.  While a little bit of product went a long way, I found that my face had to be bone dry in order for it to spread evenly and soak into my skin.  Even if I completely dried off after a shower, I still ran into problems.  I noticed that if there was still moisture in the air (i.e. steamed up mirrors), the product refused to sink into my skin and it just felt like it was sitting on top of my face and neck.  If I did get the moisturizer applied correctly, it felt pretty good...but it made me breakout - all.over.my.face.  I haven't had that happen in years, so I was really caught off guard. Finally, the product had quite a bit of fragrance to it.  While I didn't mind the scent itself, I don't like my face products to have much of a scent and this stuff was REALLY powerful.  I kept catching whiffs of it every morning.  I'm actually surprised that a natural line would have so much fragrance in it and I would definitely not recommend this product to anyone who has any sensitivities to smells.

Overall, I'm really disappointed that this product didn't work out and I tried to like it, but just couldn't get behind it.

Posh Purpose Rating: F

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!