Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

Since J's best friend is moving on Saturday, I decided to bake him some cookies. I hope he likes peanut butter and chocolate because these cookies are a bit overwhelming! I adapted a recipe from Southern Living based on what I felt like baking and what J had in his kitchen.


Chips!!!

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (approx, do according to taste)
  • 2 1/2 cups plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 (12-oz.) packages semisweet chocolate morsels (I just guessed - add as much as the dough can handle)

I ate that lone one on the left right after taking this - Oh
the things I do for symmetry.
Preparation:

  • 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter, peanut butter and sugars at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Add eggs and 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla, beating until blended. I added the cinnamon here without thinking but you can also add it with the dry ingredients.
  • 2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Beat in morsels just until combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
  • 3. Bake at 350° for 10 to 14 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove to wire racks, and cool completely (about 15 minutes). My cookies were full tablespoons and I cooked them for about 11 minutes for soft gooey cookies.


The recipe above made 54 cookies but only 50 of mine survived. I'm not so careful when it comes to relocating the cookies post oven. I also am too impatient to let them cool completely. However, I would like to point out that broken cookies are just as delicious as unbroken cookies. It took me about an hour from start to finish but if you are on the slower side (I'm referring to you, Melinda) then you should allocate a bit more time.

First batch!



2 comments:

  1. I know I'm slow, but I make an excellent taste tester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true! And you have great suggestions for supper :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers!