Monday, July 25, 2011

Munchie Monday: Pulled BBQ Chicken

So as the summer goes on, I find that I'm less and less likely to want to turn on the stove and heat up my whole apartment. If I had my way, I'd eat cereal or fruit salad every night, but when Mr. 3 is eating dinner with me the man wants some protein! As a result, I've put together the quickest possible dish I can -BBQ Pulled Chicken. I still have to turn the oven on, but I don't have to stand over a pot stirring. As a bonus, you can adjust the quantity based on how many guests/kids you have or make extra to take for lunch!

Ingredients:

3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Lawry’s seasoning salt or your favorite chipotle seasonings if you like it with a kick
BBQ sauce of your choice (I like Trader Joe’s the best, because it has a smoky flavor to it)
Cooking spray
Hamburger buns (if you want sandwiches, I usually just eat mine with a fork)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a Pyrex dish with a light coat of cooking spray so the chicken doesn’t stick. Season your chicken on both sides with Lawry’s seasoning salt (no exact measurement, just make sure they get a nice sprinkle). Lay the chicken in the pan and slide it into the oven for 30 mins. Now run away into a cooler fully air conditioned room and sip a nice glass of lemonade while the cooking takes place!


After the chicken is done (make sure to check for pink in the middle, salmonella only sounds like a good diet plan), put one chicken breast into a room temp bowl and begin shredding with two forks. You can pause for a sip of lemonade and watch TV while you shred; it will take a few minutes to get through with the shredding.

Once you’ve shredded the chicken, pour your BBQ sauce over the chicken and mix together. Adjust the amount of sauce as you go to your taste.

Aaaaand...you’re done! That’s it! Easy, inexpensive, quick, right? This can feed 4-5 people depending on the size of the chicken breasts. I usually get dinner for Mr. 3 and I plus two lunches from this recipe (I hear Briana and J love this recipe too!). Enjoy and stay cool!

1 comment:

  1. So good! I'm not a fan of cooking (or really eating) meat, but I have made this twice since Melinda told me how. I use salt, garlic powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper instead of seasoning salt. For my bbq sauce, I use Sweet Baby Rays, Worcestershire sauce, yellow mustard and Tobasco. J and I like things spicy and tangy!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers!