Friday, July 8, 2011

Reality TV Review!

TV Review: Say Yes to the Dress Bridemaids - “Fur Muffs and Fickle Friends”

TLC launched it’s latest spin off of the Say Yes to the Dress, this time based in Atlanta, GA. I LOVE this reality TV show franchise. I’ve been known to re-watch the same episode time and time again...and hold me back if there’s a marathon on, my productivity plummets!

The basic format is that brides come in and have a few of their bridesmaids put on different styles of dresses and then model them for the rest of the bridal party and the bride. The skinniest bridesmaids got to do the modeling (probably because the bridal salon keeps a limited number of samples on hand) while the curvier bridal party members sat on the sidelines. From what I could tell, it looked like the curvier bridesmaids had the better deal, because things got pretty vicious between the “models” and the bride. One bride told her sister that she “looked freakish.” Another maid said, “I know the bride is really important but so am I.” There was also an issue regarding a “muff” accessory that caused a bunch of bridal angst.

Other than that, the episode was pretty ho hum...that is until the end when one bridal party came in who had hit the bar before their alterations appointment and offered up these special quotes to live by:


“I want to be hootchie but classy too”


“We’re going to cut it off and make it a booty shakin’ dress"



Clearly, those have cross-stitch sampler written all over them. I'll be tuning in next week for sure!

3 comments:

  1. The muff angst was just that, angst. The bride wanted the muff, the maid of honor/sister was not a fan. So there was a lot of discussion about which dress went with the muff. In the end, it was all very anticlimatic...the bride won (duh). I'm indifferent about muffs, I say whatever you gotta do to keep your hands warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not believe how some of the bridesmaids acted on the 2nd episode! I would have kicked them out of the bridal party right there had it been me. One extremely classy Maid of Honor (who almost got thrown out of the appointment and made the bride cry several times) only wanted really short dresses, because she (and I quote) "is into party clothes. Because I like to party."

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers!