Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Aldi Pumpkin

My sister Kimberlee is an expert at saving money, as I have mentioned before. She encouraged me to shop at Aldi for my groceries since they are often much cheaper than Publix, and even Walmart. Kim always tells people to try Aldi three times before passing judgement because it is a very different shopping experience. You have to bring your own bags (or buy some reusable bags there) and don't forget your quarter for the shopping cart! You get the quarter back when you return the cart. Aldi isn't pretty inside and there definitely are no fancy pictures, however the food quality is often great.

In light of Autumn and Florida's first "cold snap" of the season (it is currently 80 degrees, but the past few days were in the mid to high 70s) I want to tell you about Aldi canned pumpkin. First of all - it is pure pumpkin puree. No added anything. And the flavor is definitely intense. I honestly can't find a reason to buy canned pumpkin anywhere else, considering one 15 oz can costs 89 cents. Yes, 89 cents! Just for comparison, here is a picture I snapped at Walmart. $1.68 for 15 ounces of Libby's pumpkin puree. 



That's right, Walmart is way more expensive - well 79 cents more expensive, anyway. But those 79 cents add up fast when you are baking your pies and breads. If you have an Aldi nearby, I definitely recommend you try it, and the canned pumpkin, out.




If you want to read more about Posh Purpose's take on store brand products, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!