Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Patio Progress: Time for Some Entertaining!

Although my primary concern has been to find fun furniture so we didn't wind up sitting on a beach blanket on the patio, I also wanted some cute outdoor dishes.  Notice the word, wanted.  I realize that I could use paper plates or my already-in-the-cupboard china, but (1) I always wind up with mismatched paper plates where I have used partial packs for different plates, (2) SAVE THE TREES!, and (3) I would be very upset if my china hit the concrete floor.

Like most things with this project, I was shocked to see how much people charge for plastic plates.  I also figured if I was going to the trouble of finding something, I wanted to make it match my color scheme of black, green, pink, and champagne gold.  I purchased these plates from Lifeguard Press during its Lilly Pulitzer Endless Summer for $22.50.  Although Lifeguard Press no longer carries them, I spotted them at Belk for $30.

Lucky Charms Melamine Plates
Set of 4 - $30
Image Source: Belk
I also rounded up four black cups and two melamine dinner plates from Target.  I love the bubble look to these plastic glasses!  We went with the shorter style from this line (we were able to buy them individually for $1.50 each rather than the set below):

Room Essentials® 8 Piece Bubble Drinkware Set - Black
Image Source: Target



We are using the dinner plates from this line for serving appetizers (same deal and also $1.50 ea):

Room Essentials® 12 Piece Square Dinnerware Set
Image Source: Target
These items are no longer available, but I also managed to find a serving tray at Bloomingdales for $12.49!!! I couldn't believe it.  I also waited out Pottery Barn until they marked this hobnail glass hurricane to $22.50, which pairs well with the 99 cent votives from Sur la Table.  Here's the finished look:






Entertaining Cost Breakdown
Lilly Pulitzer Lucky Charms Plates: $22.50
Target Bubble Glass Tumblers: $1.50 x 4 = $6
Target Appetizer Plates: $1.50 x 2 = $3
Sur la Table Green Votives: $.99 x 2= $2
Pottery Barn Hobnail Hurricane: $22.50
Bloomingdales Tray: $12.49
Total Cost: $68

Super fun, right?  I love how it all came together!  I'm still waiting on one pillow to arrive (just ordered it last week), but then I will be done!  Expect a pillow post including info on that daybed I keep mentioning along with a full reveal!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! The black pieces definitely add a lot of interest, and you know the bubble glass is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers!