Friday, April 18, 2014

Melinda's Easter Plans

Well, my Easter weekend is kicking off to a great start with the release of the Washington Post's Peep Show, which is one of my favorite Easter traditions.  Local contestants submit dioramas made of Peep chicks and bunnies for judging.  My favorite for this year was "Everyone Peeps."  Check it out, you'll definitely get a laugh out of some of the entries and I'm always amazed at people's creativity with chemical loaded, brightly colored, sugary treats.

Mr. 3 and I are dying Easter eggs tomorrow night for our date night activity.  I plan on making a bright batch to put out on our dining table which will be a great healthy snack.

On Saturday, I'm heading to Zumba in anticipation of all the yummy food for Sunday.  Later in the day, I'm baking key lime pie and a lemon coconut layer cake (my first attempt at a layer cake!).  I'm also going to devil up some non-dyed eggs and throw together some of my Mama's green salad (jello and cool whip kind...not lettuce and carrots kind).

Mr. 3 and I are going to our usual 9:30 AM church service and then heading home to host an Easter potluck at 2:00 PM for our friends.  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and makes it to church service!  I know I can't wait to see all the children in their dress up clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!