Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thrift Store Purchases

I've slowly realized that while I share all kinds of thrift store finds with y'all, I rarely show things that I actually purchase. I don't do this on purpose, it just seems to happen. Usually it is because I don't have pictures of the things I purchase because I toss them into my cart too quickly so no one else can snatch my things. I don't want y'all to think that I have a warehouse full of furniture! In reality, it is just a few pieces. So today I will share all the items I purchased during my Habitat visit yesterday.


I picked up this ice bucket for $3. It is a bit dirty but once it is clean (and I have space for a bar cart), there are big plans in store for this thing. I don't know if it will go with my future decorating scheme but for $3, I'm willing to risk it.


While we are not sure, J and I suspect this serving stand is silver plated. Also it cost me 50 cents. Even if it made of a less fabulous metal, I plan on using it to hold 9x9 pyrexes with whatever food one cooks and serves in a pyrex.


You may have caught a glimpse of these skulls in the picture above. I bought two for 50 cents each. I know Halloween is far away but you can't pass up such a good deal when you have always wanted to glitter a skull.


This is a serving bowl. At $8, it was by far the most expensive thing I bought yesterday and I have no clue what I will do with it. But it looks really cool and coordinates with a set of tea cups I bought with Melinda at the Boys and Girls Club. Speaking of that store, I should go back this Saturday during my thrifting excursion with my brother-in-law.

My thrifting trips always end differently. Sometimes I buy a coffee table and matching end table (when I have no space for either in my teeny tiny apartment). Sometimes I leave with nothing. Usually I try to limit myself to things I will legitimately use in my future home - I didn't own a coffee table prior to the purchase mentioned earlier. But sometimes I can't help myself when I spot something weird/cool like the bowl above. We would love to hear what y'all usually find in your thrift stores! Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!