Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Little Upgrades: Patio Tables

Mr. 3 and I loooove sitting out on our patio and entertaining with our friends (check out our Patio Party posts here and here).  We've been looking for some very small side tables to put on either side of the outdoor daybed to set drinks.  The daybed is pretty deep, so sometimes it's a bit of a stretch to lean forward to put a glass or plate down (I know. First world problems).  We also want to free up some space on the coffee table for when we are entertaining outside so that it's not so crowded when we eat.  I've been eyeing some garden stools since last summer, but at $60+ each it's a little bit hard for me to swallow.  

Finally, when I was at Target a few weeks ago stocking up on cleaning supplies and a month's worth of TP (you know, as one does in the big city), I spotted these:
Rubberwood Beverage Stand with Steel Frame
$19.99
Image Source: Target
Although this is intended to be a beverage stand for one of those aluminum tubs, I thought the size, height, color, and price were all right for our patio.




The white framing on the stands tie in the with stripe on our outdoor pillows, the white in the rug, and also the trim on the apartment.  I don't mind the lighter colored wood, but I could probably stain it one day if I ever get bothered by it.  For parties when it's really hot outside, I can also keep the drinks close at hand by putting an aluminum beverage tub I already own on the stand (it's similar to the one featured in the Target ad - mine is dark turquoise and I got it on clearance 2 years ago for $7).  During the winter time, I can easily use one of these stands inside the apartment.  In the past, I've always just set the tub on the kitchen floor, but it would be nice to put it on the carpet and set up a drink station for better party flow.  Finally, once patio season is over, I can easily fold these stands up and put them in our storage closet for protection against winter rain and snow.

I paid $40 for these two tables, which is less than any of the garden stools I was contemplating.  I think we are all done decorating and outfitting the patio for now.  I have some wind chimes to hang up, but otherwise this patio is done!  I think this is a perfect example of how you can re-imagine the original use of an object for a purpose that suits your needs...and all at a budget friendly price!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!