Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Thrift Store Finds

Did y'all have a good 4th of July weekend? My family piled into my parents' house near the beach and had the best time (despite sharing two bathrooms across way too many people). Writing up this post reminds me that I need to head over to Habitat soon. It has been almost a whole week since I last visited!


This rocking chair is apparently a very popular style, according to Emily Henderson at least. Somehow this piece ended up being priced twice. The older tag said $25 and the more recent tag said $65 - weird, right? Anyway, Mother was able to get it for the better price of $25.


This cute fireplace accessories set was priced at $10. I almost bought it for my imaginary fireplace inside my imaginary house, but I decided to pass.


The day I took these pictures was the day of magazine and towel racks. Habitat was full of them! This one was $6.


Don't buy your towel racks new until you have checked out the thrift stores! This one was $8.


 This $20 towel rack was large. The desk on the right side of the picture is normal height, and you can see that the two are about level.

Here is a $6 towel bench for variety. If you don't like the finish, you can always spray paint.



 These prints were $8 each. Everything was quite charming about them, including the knobby bit at the top for hanging.


This giant light fixture was not priced when I saw it, but Mother said the glass globes were hand blown. I have no idea how she can tell these things. The piece was clearly very old and someone must have loved it because I couldn't find it the next time I visited.

Want to see more thrift store finds? We have a whole category just for that! We would love to see your finds, so feel free to share in the comments section or holler at us on twitter or instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!