Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thrift Store Finds

My last trip to Habitat was unsuccessful, so I'm ready for another round of thrift store finds. Let's get started!



This lamp was pretty cool. I found it at the Lutheran Church's thrift store. I don't normally shop there since they have more clothes than anything else, but I was thrifting with my brother-in-law that day. This lamp was priced at $10, which is a bit high considering the store did not test it out to see if the wiring is still good.


These lamps were at Habitat, so obviously they had been tested and labeled as working. For a price comparison to the one above, you could get the pair of these lamps for $6 total. Of course they don't come with a shade, but I don't consider the shade on the lamp above to be worth the extra money.


This adorable chair was $20 at Habitat, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a lower price by asking nicely. The fabric on the seat is not to my liking but I just learned how to do piping at my sewing class yesterday, so recovering this one would be a reasonable DIY project.


Scour the thrift stores if you are looking for some objet in a particular color. This lidded vase is perfect for anyone who is looking for the green and gold color scheme. I thought the $10 price tag was a bit high for an unstamped piece. That being said, always ask for a better price!



This $1 footed pressed glass dish would be so cute to catch jewelry on a nightstand. Little things like this are often in thrift stores and the prices are so much better than brand new things. If you have an idea (like a jewelry catcher) that doesn't require a perfectly specific item, you should totally shop around thrift stores before buying new.


This small plate is sweet and 25 cents. Can't beat that. There was a stack of probably eight or nine of these plates - perfect for party appetizer plates!

Want to see more thrift store finds? We have a whole category just for that! We would love to see your finds, so feel free to share in the comments section or holler at us on twitter or instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!