Friday, July 11, 2014

What Happens when you Mix Corn Starch, Hair, And Florida's Torrential Downpour

Happy Friday! Melinda is a strong believer in dry shampoo, but I didn't get into it until recently. I usually go 2-3 days without washing my hair, so my philosophy is that I should probably just use real shampoo by that point. One day I really wanted to wear my hair down but it was in that awkward in between phase where it looks good up, but not so much down. I had read that you can use corn starch as a substitution for dry shampoo so I gave it a try. I loved it! Not only did it make my bangs look good, the corn starch also made my hair hold teasing even better than normal.

I have only used it two more times since then. My most recent time was yesterday, and unfortunately it was a total failure.


This is what happens when cornstarched hair gets attacked by a Florida thunderstorm. It turns into a sticky, clumpy mess.

that isn't even all the hair

Do I still recommend corn starch as a dry shampoo substitute? Of course! But maybe I will use it only during the dry season from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!