Thursday, July 10, 2014

Old Town Alexandria Train Station

Last weekend, Mr. 3 was out of town and we decided that it was better for me to take the train to Richmond so he could pick me up and take us to Lake Anna for the weekend.  We saved money on gas and neither one of us had to deal with the craziness of DC summer traffic (aka the great beach caravan).  If you haven't ever rode the train, I highly recommend you give it a try.  Not only do you have more room to stretch out, you don't have to worry about getting strip searched by TSA or having more than 4 oz. of hairspray.  I wish the train went more places and also at a faster pace...perhaps like the European rail system.

When I got to the train station, I noticed that Amtrak has done a great job of preserving or restoring the original details of the train station.





Greek Key Tile - grungy but in great shape!

Love this detail!

I would like to hang you someplace fun!
Such a pretty space! Anyone else like taking the train as much I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!