Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Thrift Store Finds

Every once in a while, I like to switch things up by sharing thrift store finds that I actually buy to give y'all a better idea of what actually comes home with me. Surprisingly (and sadly) enough, I bring home much less than I photograph. Here are a few things that found new homes during the past few thrift store trips, either through my mom or myself.


I bought this fabric for 25 cents. There are no stains and it is huge! Probably over two yards long with a standard bolt width. I have absolutely no idea what to do with it, but how could I pass it up now that I am taking a sewing class?


This retro carving board came home with me for $2.50. I was on my way out the door and spotted it right before J was able to escape. I almost missed it! This is why it is important to peruse the shelves and aisles multiple times.


 I almost didn't bring these guys home. I quickly came to my senses when I reminded myself that for $2.50 and the opportunity, everyone should snag a pair of creepy carved men (aliens?) on serving utensils.


Who can pass up a $10 chair? Not me, that is for sure. This chair needs to be repainted and recovered but I love it! It doesn't require much fabric, so I may just use some leftovers from the chair project we discussed last week. If you haven't noticed yet, I have an illness that requires me to buy chairs constantly.


Ignore the sink and focus on the laundry basket. Mom picked it up for my little sister's new apartment for $2. It is tall and skinny which is perfect for her one bedroom layout. The top had a minor tear in the fabric, so Mom is probably going to recover the top with different material. Staple gun to the rescue! Mom also picked up two brand new oval mirrors the same day for $5 each. Home Depot apparently donated quite a few, boxes and all! My sister's apartment is going to be well outfitted by the time Mother gets done.

Want to see more thrift store finds? We have a whole category just for that! We would love to see your finds, so feel free to share in the comments section. Or holler at us on twitter or instagram and hashtag it #ThriftStoreFinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!