Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Gifts for Your Man

The men in my life make Christmas shopping difficult. My dad usually ends up with licorice and liquor, and J is a constant (but lovable) frustration when I ask for a wish list. My brothers are no different. Perhaps they are all more content with what they have than I am?

While I was perusing the internet looking for gift ideas, I compiled a list of some cool things to help you out with those difficult guys.




1. The skull shot glass is $9 on Amazon (prime shipping!). I'm sure we all know a guy who would love another shot glass.

2. Uncommon Goods has a retro iPhone alarm dock. For $40 you can hide your charging cord and turn your iPhone into a fun clock display.

3. J loves making empandas but he can't ever close them up right. Empandas are such a man food, too - doughy and full of meat. This $20 empanada fork is perfect for the cooking guy on your list. I looked around Amazon and Williams Sonoma, but could not find an equivalent version.

4. Give this $20 scratch map to your favorite world traveler.

5. For one of his wedding gifts, I gave J a pair of cufflinks similar to the watch movement cufflinks above. I found his on Etsy for around $120. These are $150 and perfect for people who don't have time to sift through the long lists of talented Etsy sellers.

6. I love bookends, and these $65 cannon bookends are a hilariously charming gift for your reader.

7. I gave J Cards Against Humanity last year. The starter pack costs $25 and is Amazon Prime. Each card has a phrase and you combine the cards to create hilarious/bizarre sentences.

8. Both my dad and J are engineers and are also quite handy around the house. This contractor pen costs $22, which may seem overpriced for a pen, but it has a long list of attributes that make it worth the price. My favorite feature is the pair of levels - no more crooked frames!

9. I have never seen anything like this stone drink dispenser before! It is $125 on Uncommon Goods and is just too cool. Pair it with a bottle of his favorite alcohol, or let it stand alone as the best gift he will get this year.

Enjoy this post? Check out our suggestions for elegant hostess gifts or our guide to baby gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!